Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus Large 3D Printer Review 2022
As the third printer in Creality‘s Ender 3 S1 series following the Ender 3 S1 and Ender 3 S1 Pro, Creality‘s Ender 3 S1 Plus is the third printer in the series to offer a much larger print size of 300*300*300mm. The S1 series follows a similar path to the first Ender 3s here, with its modestly improved Pro version and now the midsized “Plus” stepping in for the Ender 3 Max.
Here is a closer look at the specifications and hands-on tests of this printer. Do we get what we expected? Do you think the $529 price tag is worth it? You may find the answer to your question after reading this article.
WHAT’S THE NEW VERSION OF ENDER-3 S1 PLUS?
The majority of the characteristics are similar to Ender 3 S1, making it appear comfortable and familiar. The built volume is where there are the most noticeable differences. As opposed to the 220*220*270 mm of the Ender 3 S1, the new Ender 3 S1 Plus has a print volume of 300*300*300 mm. Let’s go over the most significant features:
Upgrade with “Sprite” Metal Dual-gear Direct Extruder
Printing flexible filaments on this printer is a breeze. The dual-gear guides the filament to the hotend and aids in fixing it. Due to the fact that it is entirely constructed of metal, this extruder is far more durable than a plastic one and performs well at greater temperatures. Direct-drive extruders offer precision, speed, and stability. You can always update if you already have an extruder with a Bowden tube.
Synchronized Dual Z-axes, High Precision Printing
You may get dual Z-axes lead screws and dual motors with the Ender 3 S1 Plus for reliable movement and high-quality printing. With this improvement, the print will be even more accurate and the extruder’s Z-axis movement will be even. Particularly if you want to print more quickly, evenly, and precisely, the synchronized dual Z-axes motors are quite helpful. They enhance printing quality and reduce the likelihood of ridges and lines appearing on the sides of your print.
Hassle-free CR Touch Auto-leveling
The CR-touch that the Ender 3 S1 Plus includes allows us to level the printer’s bed. 16 spots on the heatbed may be quickly leveled with automatic height compensation using CR-touch. The auto-bed leveling system can automatically correct for the hotbed’s various printing heights.
96% Pre-installed, 6-step Assembly, Easy to Use
Ender-3 S1 Plus is 96% preassembled when it is delivered, and it only requires six steps to set it up. Creality provides a thorough guidebook and an online video for DIY makers and newcomers to 3D printing to make the process as easy as possible. Particularly if you are using a printer for the first time, this section is crucial. If you put it together yourself, you’ll learn how the printer operates, gain a greater understanding of the device, know exactly where to look for and how to remove any parts you might need to replace in the future.
PC Spring Sheet Magnetic Build Plate
The unique printing platform known as the detachable PC spring sheet magnetic plate is made up of spring steel, a PC coating, and a magnetic sticker that adheres to the surface as soon as it is released. The PC coating ensures that the printed object adheres well and is easily removed.
Ender 3 S1 VS Ender 3 S1 PRO VS Ender 3 S1 PLUS
The new Ender 3 S1 series is renowned for its “Sprite” Dual gear direct drive extruder, CR-touch auto-bed leveling, silent motherboard, and printing speed.
The built volume of these three printers differs significantly from one another; the Ender 3 S1 Plus is the largest, with printing dimensions of 300x300x300 mm. The build surface is the second characteristic that sets one printer from the other two. Ender 3 S1 PRO has a PEI spring steel magnetic build plate, whilst the other two printers offer PC magnetic plates. They are both cutting-edge printing technologies that make it as simple as possible for us to take down the produced model.
|MODEL||ENDER-3 S1||ENDER-3 S1 PRO||ENDER-3 S1 Plus|
|Extrusion||Double-gear drive extrusion||Double-gear drive extrusion||Double-gear drive extrusion|
|Display screen||4.3-inch color knob screen||4.3-inch color touchscreen||4.3-inch color touchscreen|
|Power output voltage||24V||24V||24V|
|Maximum hot bed temperature||100℃||110℃||100℃|
|Maximum nozzle temperature||260℃||300℃||260℃|
|Maximum operating speed||250mm/s||250mm/s||250mm/s|
|Maximum print speed||150mm/s||250mm/s||250mm/s|
|Normal print speed||60-80mm/s||60-80mm/s||60-80mm/s|
|UI Language||Chinese/ English||Chinese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian||Chinese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian|
|Machine net weight(kg)||9.1||8.6||10.25|
|Print layer thickness||0.05mm-0.4mm||0.05mm-0.4mm||0.05mm-0.4mm|
|Print Method||USB Type-C/SD card||USB Type-C/SD card||USB Type-C/SD card|
|Power outage renewal||√||√||√|
|Broken material detection||√||√||√|
|Quiet Main board||√||√||√|
Ender 3 S1 Plus Unboxing Video
Verdict: Does The Ender 3 S1 Plus Worth It or Not?
Recommended user: Advanced hobbyist with prior expertise with Marlin firmware and other printers.
- Printing Quality: 4.5 out of 5 Prints.
- Layering at 1mm height is good, and prints meet specifications.
- Hardware efficiency: 5.0 You would “usually” update stock of Cr10 to quiet motors, reliable mechanical systems, and all of the extruder-to-hot-end components anyhow. The framework is robust and rigid. The BL Touch has a fantastic power supply and is extendable.
- Usefulness: 2.5 Although it’s by no means a plug-and-play device, it’s amazingly simple to assemble! When leveling the system, a dual Z axis causes numerous issues. To get the best prints and prevent more issues, the firmware will need to be adjusted straight away.
- If you move the hot end away from the HOME position along the X-axis, the clamps securing the glass plate to the work surface will collide with it. It can be avoided by applying a Y-Axis Offset of 7–10MM to the Home location. However, if it crashes, the Dual Z and X gantries are out of alignment.
- Speaking of the dual Z axis, it will likely be out of alignment when you first set it up. To level the X gantry, you essentially need a pair of digital calipers. Simply take measurements from the top of the X gantry T-slot on each side down to the bottom frame, even them out, and then level the bed below that.
- Standard parts that you would ordinarily wish to upgrade may not work. The holes don’t line up with their Filament break-detecting part, so a workaround is required if you’re going to upgrade parts using the “normal” line-up parts from the likes of CR-10/Ender 3; just be cautious and prepare to design your own adapters.
Where to Buy the Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus?
The following online stores sell the Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus:
CrealityStore has a 50$ coupon code for Ender S1 Series: 50ENDER
After all of that, I must say that this device is extremely good. The power supply is reliable and silent. The cooling fans are what make the most noise while printing! The unsteady issue that appeared to be common with Creality printers was eventually resolved by the rubber feet. Their cable management solution is amazing and quite simple to attach, and the entire structure is incredibly simple. It comes in three sections. I needed 6 minutes to set up this device in terms of hardware. The instruction booklet is quite excellent and is probably the nicest manual I have ever seen. It contains information on how to add the BL Touch as well as “pin-outs” for their motherboard.
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF you DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.